Is Cascadia Easy to Install? Will I Need a Contractor?
Many homeowners install the Cascadia railing system themselves. AGS designed the Cascadia stainless steel rod railing system to be easy to install. The stainless railing kit features many unique features that other DIY metal railing systems lack.
- Adjustable post tops pivot to accommodate the handrail on slopes and stairs.
- The single post design is used for corners, ends, and runs.
- ICC-ES approved — Limits time-consuming paperwork. You can install the horizontal rod railing with confidence that it is safe and meets the International Residential Code.
- Minimal parts means you can dive straight in and aren’t wasting time getting to grips with how to assemble the railing.
- Only simple hand tools are required to complete the installation, so there is no need to purchase expensive equipment specific to this project.
- Infill fittings make it super easy to attach the rods using an Allen key.
- Easy fit-up — cut the rods to the appropriate length, and you are good to go.
What Does ICC-ES Approved Mean?
“The ICC-ES mark of conformity is a global symbol of quality.”
– Internation Code Council
“ICC-ES Reports verify that new and innovative building products comply with code requirements.”
– Internation Code Council
The Cascadia rod railing system ICC-ES report was provided by the International Code Council. It guarantees that when installed correctly, the modular railing system is a safe and high-quality product that meets or exceeds standards set by the International Residential Code.
Do All Railing Systems Sold in the US Have an ICC-ES Report
No. There is no legal obligation for railing manufacturers or railing products to provide an evaluation service report, which is one of the many reasons why the Cascadia railing kit is exceptional.
Can Cascadia Be Used for Stair Railing
Absolutely! Cascadia is a great kit for stair railing! You can install the modular railing system on ramps, stairs, and straight runs. Homeowners frequently purchase Cascadia as a stair railing kit and a deck railing kit. Adjustable post tops mean the railing adapts to almost any configuration, provided it’s for a residential application. It couldn’t be easier to upgrade your home by installing a modern rod railing.
Is Cascadia an Indoor and Outdoor Railing Kit?
Yes. Many homeowners choose to install stainless steel rod railing in the interior of their homes and as a deck railing to create a beautiful, cohesive design scheme. Custom home builders frequently use the continuity of building materials and styles to craft a luxury look. AGS Stainless manufactures the Cascadia railing kit from 316 marine-grade stainless steel, providing durability, and superior corrosion resistance, making it ideal for exterior railing installations.
How Do You Install a Railing Kit?
Watch the installation video to see how to install Cascadia. Alternatively, you can download the instructions which explain how to build rod railing on stairs and straight runs such as decks.
How Much to Charge for Installing a Deck Railing?
When installing a Cascadia railing, you can charge a fair markup because it provides a high-quality look and delivers within days. The modern steel railing allows you to offer your customers a reasonable time frame and, if desired, can be completed as a one-person project.
How Soon Can I Get My Railing Kit Shipped?
Getting your horizontal steel railing could not be easier. Go to the app. Input your measurements, place your order, and you will receive your railing within days. AGS ships the Cascadia railing system via UPS within days of receiving your order. USP ground shipping is free and is usually 3-7 business days depending on location.
Is Cascadia a Do It Yourself Railing?
Cascadia is an easy-to-assemble railing designed to be as simple as possible. The ICC-ES-approved modern metal railing removes the guesswork and hassle involved with other stainless steel bar railings. However, if you have questions after reading the instructions and watching the video, call AGS, and a railing consultant will answer your questions.
Who Uses the Cascadia Easy-Install Rod Railing?
The Cascadia rod railing system is for contractors and homeowners who want to install a beautiful high-quality residential railing system. Contractors and homeowners love the contemporary railing system because it looks beautiful, ships fast, and is easy to install.
What Is the Easiest Deck Railing to Install?
Could it be Cascadia? We think so; watch the video to learn more. When selecting a DIY deck railing, there are several factors to consider that will impact the ease of installation. AGS Stainless has over 30 years of experience designing high-quality and custom railing kits. Cascadia’s innovative design was born from the idea that an easy-to-install railing system should not compromise on looks or quality.
Here are some of the many features that set Cascadia apart from other DIY metal railing systems.
- Beauty | Cascadia is an elegant modern metal railing that delivers a high-end upscale aesthetic making it easy to accomplish the look you desire.
- A Stainless Railing Kit | A railing system with all the components included is easier to install than sourcing parts yourself. Plus, with Cascadia, you are guaranteed all the components are high-quality marine-grade 316.
- No Customization Required| An easy-to-assemble railing should require minimal or no customization — Trimming the rods to the correct length is the only onsite modification Cascadia requires.
- Ordering and Availability | Cascadia delivers within days so that you can get started immediately, making it easy to get the job done.
- Fewer Parts to Assemble | Generally speaking, the fewer parts a railing has, the easier it is to build. Cascadia’s one-piece posts and infill fittings make installation a breeze.
- Easy Maintenance | Once installed, a DIY metal railing like Cascadia requires very little maintenance especially compared to a wood railing that must be stained or painted not just once but repeatedly over the product’s lifetime.
Which Type of Railing Material Is Best for My Project?
If you’ve decided on a metal outdoor railing system, stainless steel marine grade 316 is an excellent choice because it provides superior corrosion resistance. AGS manufactures ALL Cascadia railing hardware and parts from high-quality marine-grade stainless.
Aluminum vs. Stainless Railing?
Most people prefer the elegant look of chic stainless posts compared to the flat bulky aluminum look. Aluminum is not as strong as stainless, so the posts need to be wider to meet code. Plus, aluminum is less corrosion-resistant; therefore, it’s usually painted, so it will not provide the elegant tones of a stainless steel railing.
In terms of sustainability, stainless steel and aluminum are both recyclable. Stainless is typically more durable, though, so it has the advantage of longevity.
What Is the Cost of Stainless Steel Railing?
Use the Cascadia app to input your railing measurements and instantly determine how much your railing system will cost. You can place your order, too, via the app if you’re ready to make a purchase. The cost of a stainless railing can vary depending on several factors. Additional extras like base plates or concrete expansion anchors will alter the cost.
A modular railing system or a railing kit like Cascadia can be more cost-effective than more complex railing systems because the easy install saves time on the job site.
When choosing a stainless steel rod railing, always find out what grade the stainless is. AGS manufactures Cascadia, a luxury railing from high-quality 316, also known as marine-grade stainless steel. Although an alternative product may be slightly cheaper, it may be a false economy in the long term.
How to Mount the Railing Posts to Concrete?
If you need to drill into concrete, you will need to use a hammer drill with a carbide masonry bit of the desired size. You will also need concrete expansion anchors, which you can add to the cart via the Cascadia app. If you don’t own a hammer drill, renting one from your local hardware store may be an option. Always refer to the product instruction manual for comprehensive, detailed instructions and safety information.
How to Mount the Railing Posts to Wood?
The Cascadia railing system is mounted to the wood surface using a standard hand drill and four lag screws. The screws thread through the holes in the corners of the mounting plate to attach the post. Always refer to the product instruction manual for comprehensive, detailed instructions and safety information.
How To Install a Wood Handrail on a Cascadia Railing System?
Installing custom handrails on a Cascadia railing system is easy because the posts feature adjustable tops that angle to meet the top rail.
How to Clean Railing?
You can purchase a stainless cleaning kit, which includes everything you need to keep your railing shiny and bright.